How to Breathe Well (like if we didn’t know that!)
Breathing means living. Breathing well is very important in fitness as well as in our daily life, proper breathing has many benefits. On the other hand, shallow breathing does not bring enough oxygen to our lungs and blood, might result in permanent stress to our organism and even cause health issues.
How to breathe well? Let me share with you my experience from fitness and freediving so that we all can check if we breathe properly. If yes, great. If not, there are four simple points how anyone can easily improve their breathing:
Key topics are:
– Benefits of proper breathing.
– What happens if we don’t breathe well.
– How to check if you breathe correctly?
– 4 easy steps to improve your breathing.
Studies and resources mentioned in the video:
1) Russo, Santarelli, O’Rourke: “The physiological effects of slow breathing in the healthy human”; Breathe 2017/13: 298-309; DOI: 10.1183/20734735.009817
2) Novotny and Kravitz: “The Science of Breathing”; University of New Mexico, Articles
3) Jerath R., Edry, Barnes, Jerath V.: “Physiology of long pranayamic breathing: neural respiratory elements may provide a mechanism that explains how slow deep breathing shifts the autonomic nervous system”; Medical Hypotheses, 2006 Volume 67, Issue 3, Pages 566–571